Friday, January 14, 2011

Fibromyalgia stinks

When I thought I wanted to start a blog I didn't want it to be about fibromyalgia. I had in mind it would be a place I would share spiritual information. However FMS is what is in the forefront of my life. It has been for the past 2 1/2 years. All of it has been an uphill battle. I have been on so many medications. Some that help a little and some that made me straight up ill. I have to deal with the depression of not being able to get up and do and go as I had always done. Before FMS hit in full force, I was an active person. I walked everyday at least a mile with my dogs. I hiked the parks in my area and have hiked up to 6 miles. I climbed to the top of a mountain. All of this seems so far behind. Yesterday I walked 15 mins. on the tread mill and went outside to play ball with my puppy. Today I can get off the couch because I am in so much pain. I am scared that it's not just a flare up. The Dr. put me on tramadol and I have been doing well on it. When I start to hurting like this I fear it won't stop and I won't be able to do anything. I guess I will keep my fingers cross and say a little healing prayer to the mother Goddess.

No comments:

Post a Comment