Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Remembering to be Thankful

The power of gratitude. Being grateful for what you have seems to be hard sometimes. It's so easy to focus on what we want and what we don't have and how we don't have money to get all the new gadgets. Every month your entire pay check goes to do nothing but pay bills. Life has been tough on my end for a while now. I lose sight some times of all the blessings I do have. I would love to get our boat fixed, I would love an Ipad, a new lap top, new cloths etc. I do get very depressed some times for not having money to even run to the grocery store. But when I stop and really think about it, I have so much to be thankful for. I have so much. I have a wonderful house, in which takes all of our money to run. I have cable tv, high speed internet, which cost more in the woods, My ref. and cabinets are full of food. But most of all we have each other. We are here together. My oldest child moved from Richmond close to home. She is now only 15 mins. away. My youngest is back home and my middle child is in and out, but never to far away.
For the last four years Rex has been driving to Hampton to work. Three hour trip a day. I worried about him being tired and driving home in the evening. He has gotten a job at VDOT right here close to home. Now we'll save about $300.00 a month in gas alone.
I do have so much to be grateful for. The Goddess has blessed me in so many ways. Sometimes I just need to stop myself and count my blessings instead of wanting more.
A simple life is far more less stressful and has so much more meaning.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment